SHOPPING – Contains affiliated content. Products featured in this Metro article are selected by our shopping writers. If you make a purchase using links on this page, Metro.co.uk will earn an affiliate commission. Click here for more information.
It seems like only yesterday Samsung treated us to new device, but they’ve kicked off 2024 with a bang – and the launch of the Galaxy S24 in style.
The Galaxy S24 from Samsung features a range of AI-powered features, which are the main selling point.
This ranges from incredible photo editing tools, letting users the ability to move and erase objects, fill in gaps and make them Instagram ready without hours of editing or expensive software.
But one of our favourite features, and something we always need help with when travelling abroad and on holiday is ‘Interpreter’. According to Samsung ‘live conversations can be instantly translated on a split-screen view, so people standing opposite each other can read a text transcription of what the other person has said.’
To think we wasted all that time in French and Spanish lessons, when all we really needed was the Samsung S24!
For those keen to get their hands on the hottest new mobile device won’t have long to wait as pre-orders at various retailers are open now – with the official launch coming this January 31.
The latest smart phones won’t come cheap though, as prices start from £799, £999 and go up to £1,249 – however this is a little cheaper than the model than the previous model that was launched last year (with the Galaxy S23).
If you’re desperate to get ahead of when the latest handset launches, you’ll get double the storage for free with Samsung – so that takes you from 256GB to 512GB, or from 512GB to 1TB.
Those who pre-order from Samsung’s official website will even get a free Galaxy Watch 6, worth £289 – so long as you place your order before January 25.
It’s also worth mentioning that Samsung will be offering a pretty decent trade-in bonus for existing Galaxy handsets, and pre-orders before January 30.
O2 customers can now pre-order the latest Samsung Galaxy S24 devices on a range of flexible, interest-free contracts to suit them – and they range from just three to a network-first 48 month contract.
As for perks with the network? Well everyone can benefit from inclusive EU Roaming at no extra cost (up to 25GB), as well as Priority from O2 – which offers exclusive rewards, VIP experiences and ticket pre-sales to the hottest gigs and concerts around.
Oh and how could we forget to mention that O2 customers who already have, or choose to add Virgin Media broadband services, will also get a double data boost plus inclusive roaming in 75 international destinations – all at no extra cost.
- Samsung Galaxy S24 256GB (30GB data) for £45.82 a month with an upfront fee of £30
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Plus 512GB (30GB data) for £50.19 a month with an upfront fee of £30
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra 256GB (30GB data) for £55.66 a month with an upfront fee of £30
All of which come with O2’s custom plan, inclusive of EU Roaming as standard, Exclusive access to Priority and O2 Extras – meaning you can get either 6 months of Disney+ or Apple Music (on a 48-month contract).
Vodafone is another network that’s excited to announce that the Samsung Galaxy S24 is available to pre-order on its reliable, award-winning network from £39 a month for six months and £57 a month for 18 months (with £40 upfront cost) when customers trade-in an eligible device.
Savvy shoppers can also make the most of Vodafone’s half price offer on airtime for the first six months. Not only that but all handsets come with a three to 36 months of interest free contracts on Vodafone EVO – not to mention customers can also get the latest smartphones in a flexible and affordable way that suits them best.
Aside from this, all Samsun smartphones with Vodafone EVO now come with the UK’s only ‘Lifetime Service Promise’ – so every handset comes with Battery Refresh and Lifetime Warranty at no extra cost, meaning your phone will last even longer.
There are also weekly discounts with VeryMe Rewards – and these can even be gifted to a friend.
Vodafone are also offering 12 months of Disney+ for free when they place an order for a new Samsung device before March 31.
- Samsung Galaxy S24 can be pre-ordered for £26 a month with an upfront fee of £30 including half price airtime for the first six months. Customers will pay £44 after the seventh month
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Plus for £32 a month with an upfront fee of £40 including half price airtime for the first six months. Customers will pay £50 after the seventh month
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra can be pre-ordered for £39 a month with an upfront fee of £40 including half price airtime for the first six months. Customers will pay £57 after the seventh month
For Sky Mobile customers, the Samsung Galaxy S24 Series starts from just £30 a month, and for those that pre-order a handset can also bag themselves double the storage and 6 months half price data too – what’s more, customers can also claim a free Samsung Galaxy Watch6 worth RRP £289 until 25th January 2024.
And who said January was all ‘doom and gloom’?
- Samsung Galaxy S24 costs from £30 a month with 6 months half price on selected data plans when bought with a phone (25GB for £8 rather than £16 or 100GB for £14, rather than £28)
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Plus costs from £38 a month with 6 months half price on selected data plans when bought with a phone (25GB for £8 rather than £16 or 100GB for £14, rather than £28)
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra costs from £48 a month with 6 months half price on selected data plans when bought with a phone (25GB for £8 rather than £16 or 100GB for £14, rather than £28)
It’s worth mentioning you also unlimited calls and texts, hours and hours of streaming on Sky apps plus your data rolls over for when you need it – we’re sold.
As for other networks offering pre-orders, you’ll find those below:
So what are you waiting for? If you heard and saw how fast the latest Apple device ran out, you’ll want to get your order in pronto.
Share your views in the comments below