INSTAGRAM Stories are very popular but most people don’t take advantage of all the fun effects and features they come with.
We’ve rounded up some of the best Instagram Story tricks so you can impress your followers.
How to get rainbow font on your Instagram Story
You need to click “Select All” and then move your fingers to the left[/caption]
Ombre or rainbow font is a fun way to spice up your Instagram Story.
It requires a bit of finger gymnastics but it’s pretty easy to do once you know how.
You first need to write your text but don’t click “Done”.
Instead hold down the cursor at the end of the text until the option comes up to “Select All”.
You should notice a colour gradient bar appear[/caption]
Click “Select All” and then hold your right thumb down on the purple circle near the bottom of the screen.
At the same time, hold your left finger on the cursor and move both your finger and thumb to the left.
You should notice that the text begins to chance colour and you can use trial and error to get the colour combinations you want.
How to change the background colour on Instagram Stories
A colourful background can make your Story standout[/caption]
This is useful if you want to resize an image so it doesn’t take up your full Story screen.
When you do this, Instagram puts a default, rather plain, background behind your photo.
To make things more exciting you can change the colour of the background.
First, take a photo of anything.
It doesn’t matter what it is as you’re about to cover it with a block colour.
Then, select the scribble icon and click a colour you want for your background.
All you have to do now is hold down your finger on the screen and the whole screen should turn your colour of choice.
The, click “Done”.
To add a photo on top, swipe up and scroll down to the image icon, which is usually located next to the camera.
Click your photos and select the one you want to add to the Story.
Give your Instagram Story text a background
You’ll find the relevant starry A icon at the top of the screen[/caption]
If you’re struggling to make text stand out on the image you’re posting then there’s an easy solution.
Type what you desire and then click the symbol that looks like an A with sparkles at the top of the screen.
You should notice that your text now has a background and you can change the colour of it by clicking on the colour wheel.
Instagram – the key facts
Here's what you need to know…
- Instagram is a social network for sharing photos and videos
- It was created back in October 2010 as an iPhone-exclusive app
- A separate version for Android devices was released 18 months later
- The app rose to popularity thanks to its filters system, which lets you quickly edit your photos with cool effects
- When it first launched, users could only post square 1:1 ratio images, but that rule was changed in 2015
- In 2012, Facebook bought Instagram for $1billion in cash and stock
- In 2018, some analysts believe the app is worth closer to $100billion
- In October 2015, Instagram confirmed that more than 40billion photos had been uploaded to the app
- And in 2018, Instagram revealed that more than a billion people were using the app every month
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
In other news, Instagram is making it easier for you to publicly display your pronouns on your profile.
The deadline deadline for accepting WhatsApp’s new privacy policies is fast approaching.
And, Facebook is facing backlash in the US over plans to create a version of Instagram for children under 13.
Do you have a good Instagram tips? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]